Tuesday 8 November 2011

THE HISTORY OF "LAKSA SARAWAK"


“LAKSA” or ‘LAKSA SARAWAK’




LAKSA SARAWAK is really famous in my country: another recipe from Chinese Nonya Indonesian as she called these recipes named only “LAKSA”. Now, year 1990s, I noticed that it was given with this named “Laksa Sarawak”.

Actually, Laksa Sarawak was found by one Chinese Nonya Indonsian who stayed in Sarawak. She was great friend of my mother’s friend, [ex-police wife]. Many still doesn’t know who brought this recipe.

Laksa Sarawak was known by year beginning 1970s; and so famous or well-known in Malaysia nowadays.

My first eating Laksa Sarawak was in 1973: during my mother had their Police Day Sale at ST Thomas.

So this is the history about “LAKSA” on how it gets its named.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, my friend...this meal very famous in our place...during morning till noon.
    Hey...follow me than I will follow you back....see yah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heyy thanks for the info...it really helped me in my project :)

    ReplyDelete